Ring, write or email us to check that we have a cabin available on the cruise you want.
We will make a provisional booking for you.
Then fill in the Booking Form and send it to us with your deposit. we must receive the booking form with 14 days.
Please make sure you read our Booking Conditions below.
All meals; Full English breakfast
2 Course lunch
4 Course dinner
Beverages and snacks
Transport to and from the nearest station
Use of entertainment facilities in saloon.
Transport from home to nearest station
Entrance to attractions unless specified.
Car parking fees.
In these booking conditions “you” or “your” means all persons named on the booking form. “We”, “us” and “our” means Hotel Periwinkle, c/o 1, Isabella Street, Longridge, Preston.PR3 3WL.
BOOKINGS, DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT OF BALANCE
1. Cabins can be provisionally booked by telephone, email or letter, however they can only be confirmed on receipt of a properly completed booking form and appropriate deposit within 14 days.
Your booking form and our confirmation constitute a legally binding contract between you and Hotelboat Periwinkle.
We will be legally bound to provide the accommodation as booked. You will be legally bound to pay the balance of the cost, which must be paid 8 weeks before the start date of your holiday, this will be shown on your invoice. No reminders will be sent. Payment in full will be required for holidays booked less than 8 weeks before the start date. Payments may be made by bank draft or personal cheque. Overseas payments by £ sterling bank draft or international cheque or direct bank transfer. Embarkation details will be sent on receipt of balance. Prices are per person and are shown in £ sterling on the booking form. There will be a supplement of 25% for single occupancy of the double cabin (not applicable to boat charters).
2. Should you be forced to cancel your reservation, you must advise us immediately and confirm in writing. On cancellation, you will be liable for the full cost of the holiday, whether or not the balance has been paid. If we are able to relet the cabin(s), any amounts paid will be refunded less a nominal £25.00 administration charge.
3. Bookings will be accepted on the assumption that you and all members of your party are covered by cancellation insurance. All claims should be made direct to your insurance company, whose decision will be final.
4. We reserve the right to regard changes to dates after confirmation as cancellation.
OPERATORS RIGHT OF TERMINATION
5. We reserve the right to decline a booking without giving any reason for so doing.
6. We reserve the right to terminate a passenger’s cruise should that person in our estimation have placed the boat, equipment, other passengers or crew in danger of damage or injury by ignoring safety advice or instructions from the crew. We also reserve the right to terminate the cruise of any passenger found smoking inside the boat, or who in our estimation behaves in a manner disruptive to other passengers.
Any refund of the price would be entirely at our discretion.
7.We reserve the right to cancel any cruise due to circumstances beyond our control. Should this situation arise, you will if possible be offered alternative cruise dates. Otherwise any sum received from you will be returned in full, but you shall have no claim on any account against us.
CHANGES TO PUBLISHED ROUTES
8. We reserve the right to alter or amend a published cruise route (or routes) or places of embarkation and disembarkation, due to circumstances beyond our control; canal stoppages, water shortages, floods , tidal waterways or if we consider it to be in your best interests. You shall have no claim on us and no particular right of cancellation, should any alterations be necessary.
9. We will endeavour at all times to keep to the published timetable, however we shall not be liable for any loss to you caused by engine failure, breakdown or failure to keep time, or any cause whatsoever.
PERSONAL ACCIDENT AND PROPERTY
10. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage to personal property belonging to you that might be sustained during the cruise, whilst the articles are on board the boat, or on any vehicles or premises belonging to or hired by us. You are strongly advised to take out your own baggage and personal insurance.
11. We cannot be held liable for death or personal injury during the cruise or whilst on the boat or property belonging to or hired by us, unless such death or injury be directly caused by our negligence.
12. We can take no responsibility for any consequences of not being fully informed regarding health problems of any guest.
13. We are unable to carry children under 14 years of age (unless whole boat charter). We are unable to carry pets .
14. Smoking is strictly forbidden inside the boat.
15. Whilst we welcome guests with physical disabilities, unfortunately there is no wheelchair access, however assistance will be made available as required.
16. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the contents of our brochure and other publicity material, we shall not be liable for any inaccuracies that might exist.
17. Please complete the form regarding allergies and dietary requirements, this is on the reverse of your booking form.
18. In accordance with “The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992” all passengers booking with Hotel Periwinkle are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all monies paid to us.